Saturday, April 25, 2015

The Chainsaw Murderer

(28/1/2015)







It started like any other morning on school days; except I was extremely late today. I could not really say that I was that late since I got out of my house at approximately 7.15 am and usually my duration to reach the school is about 3 minutes. I should have reached the school at 7.18 am but I know and everyone in the school knows that our school's clock is 3 minutes earlier. I walked as fast as I could, leaving my sister behind.At the drop of hat, I crossed the road quickly but I did not see a car coming from behind. It happened really fast and what I had just realized was my head was bleeding. I could hear my sister shouted, "Kak Jirah!". There was a crowd around me. A few minutes later, a person carried me into an ambulance. There were a few paramedics who helped me in the ambulance. I could barely see anything. My head felt really dizzy and heavy. I could hear they told me to keep opening my eyes but I could no longer stand that I had fallen unconscious.



"How was your check up?" said mom while she was peeling an apple for me. "I am fine mom. The doctor said I am hale and hearty enough that I am allowed to discharge from this prison as soon as tomorrow." I replied. "Yay for that. It's a tickled pink to hear it from you. I have to go now, dear. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 10 in the morning. Take care. Bye." said my mom while waving her hand. "Thanks mom. Bye, I love you." I said. I looked at the sky. It was a great day. The wind was blowing softly. It had been a week since that accident. My friends that came to visit me told me that my accident story is like a hot potato at school. I laughed when I heard that. "Good day." said a person behind me. I could recognize the voice very well. I replied his greeting and told him that I was going to discharge from the hospital tomorrow. His expression changed a little bit. The person was the hospital's gardener. He was the first who approached me when I was in my third stay in the hospital.



That night, I could not really get to sleep. I guess I was too excited to get out of this hospital. I closed my eyes. But still, I was not able to sleep. I should sleep. I tried to but I just could not. Tomorrow was my last check up before I come back home and I wanted to make sure that my health was at the maximum level. I thought maybe I had to take some fresh air before able to sleep. Slowly, I went out of my room and took the shortest path to go to the hospital's garden. Suddenly, I heard some noise but it had stopped. But unexpectedly the sound approached again. I turned laggardly towards the source. I just could not stop. My curiosity just did not allow me to stop from moving on. It was really dark but my eyes could adapt well with the darkness. I saw a human body, standing. At least I thought that it was a human.



"No, no. Please don't." I heard someone was begging. I read the sign at side of the door, 'Restricted Area, Authorized Staff only'. I did not care. I kept going on into the room. I wanted to know what was going on but in the same time, I did not want to be seen my anyone. I peeked from the side of chairs. I was shocked when I saw someone tried to run away by crawling with his hands. His trousers were wet with his blood. "Vroom!". I could not believe with what I just saw. I could not control my breath. I felt like want to vomit. I closed my mouth to prevent from producing any sound. His body had split into two. The room was flooding with red blood. Was I dreaming? Did I hallucinate? Did he just cut him with his portable saw mill without any feeling? I was shuddering and stumbled from my position. I had to hide my very presence. I must. It was like a battle, whether I survived or died. I closed my eyes. No, I did not want to be the next victim. I was innocent.



The surrounding felt very cold. I could hear nothing. There was an eerie silence for a few minutes. Maybe I was right. It was indeed a dream. Slowly, I opened both of my eyes. My chest was trembling with fear. I shouted but nothing could be heard. My eyes met with his. I knew we had made an eye contact. He was grinning. It was really scary. He raised his arms together with the potable saw mill. he was ready to murder me and my hope to keep living on. I'm truly sorry everyone. I couldn't even say goodbye. I want to run but i could not move,not even stand up. ''Vroom!!''. Blood was splashed on my face. Wait what? I was still alive? I was confused. ''Are you okay? Can you stand up?'' said a man. I did not understand. I was terribly shocked that I burst into tears. I thought I was going to die.



I was still in my position trying to calm down and understand the situation I was in. the guy who save me, had pulled the dangerous man from behind and caused him to lose balance. The weapon on his hands slipped and fell on the ground. The tip of the saw had landed on the perilous man's right leg. His cut was quite severe and blood that was splashed on my face was not mine but his. The man did not show any pain. " I...I have killed people.... i killed people...." the man sobbed out his grief. He look terrified. I did not understand. Why would he feel sad now but not before? Why not when he was splitting the poor person with the injured legs. Why now? He seemed like just aroused from his deep sleep and just realized what had happened around him. The heroic man assisted him to the outside of the room. What? It was him. I had just realized who was the murderer. Maybe not before when he was in the dark room but i could see his face very well under the dim light. He is Mr Harris Lee- the gardener.



Again, I was admitted to the ward. back then, I was really excited to go home but whatever. I am grateful enough that I am still alive. The heroic guy i mentioned before is Adam Rayyan. He is a year older than me. I am no longer bored because I have a friend to talk with now. He has told me everything. Just like me, he was curious to know what was behind the weird sound too. The only difference is he came later than me and that was when my soul about to be taken. So he saved me. Glad that he came late back then. Mr Harris Lee is actually a very kind person. He suffers from Parasomnia, a sleep disorder. He was sleepwalking and he had no idea what he had done. The doctor had confirmed he might had gone through a pyschosis condition which he loss contact with the reality. He did not appear to be in pain, despite having cut tendon in his right leg. This is an example of dissociative analgesia, a profound blunting of pain sensation in the absence of pain killers.



"Hey, do you know why Mr Harris Lee acted that way?" asked Adam Rayyan. "Nope. Why?" "He is suffering from severe stress and depression that leads to those action. I wonder what is the situation he was in . Anyway, he has a daughter and she looks like you but she had died." he continued. "Oh, I see. Maybe that is why he seemed interested and enjoyed talking with me before." I said. "Do you want to experience this kind of situation again?" he asked. "Obviously no!" I replied. "It's okay. I will save you again." he smiled. "Adam Rayyan, I'm dead serious. I don't want to face it again." I said. He laughed, "Yeah, yeah. Sure Jirahh.".










Sorry but what has been seen cannot be unseen











:D









No comments:

Post a Comment